We surround students with resources that deepen the learning experience.
At Old Trail, we see more opportunities to learn in every space and every moment. As the nation’s only independent or private school located in a national park, Old Trail and its community have daily access to abundant resources, unparalleled experiences and a beautiful setting to call home. Students craft science poems about the natural world, connect their study of Native Americans to the fall harvest on our campus farm and test water quality in our local stream.
Perhaps most importantly, they gain the advantages of being outside without sacrificing critical learning opportunities.
Our location not only distinguishes Old Trail from traditional elementary schools, but also serves as our community’s constant reminder of the growth that happens here, inside and out.
- 5 art studios where students express their creativity, including a ceramics studio and a weaving studio
- Solar panel field that helps the environment and offers lessons in science and engineering
- Indoor swimming pool in which students not only complete the Red Cross Learn to Swim program, but also academic projects like measuring volume and density
- 3 science labs with age-appropriate, state-of-the-art equipment
- Makerspace equipped with iMacs, robotics kits, 3D printers and iPads for video recording
- Campus farm with fruits, vegetables and greenhouses where students merge concepts in agriculture and history
- 62 acres in Cuyahoga Valley National Park with trails, streams and all the lessons the natural world has to offer