In order to apply for financial assistance through the flexible tuition program, your family should complete a Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) application, which is evaluated by a third-party service to determine your family’s financial need. Because institutional financial aid funds are limited, you are encouraged to submit the FAST application as soon as possible and before the December 1 deadline (prior to the academic year of enrollment) to ensure full consideration. The School’s Flexible Tuition Committee reviews the FAST application and assessment of need and determines your eligibility for and amount of institutional financial aid. Your financial aid award is documented in your Enrollment Contract. Your application for financial assistance does not affect the decision to accept your child for admission into the School; however, you must complete the admission process before a financial aid award can be made.
1. If you are a prospective parent, contact the Admission Office to indicate your interest in the School and our Flexible Tuition Program. You will receive information including directions for completing the Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) application and a checklist with important deadlines.
2. Complete the Financial Aid for Student Tuition (FAST) application
. This third-party evaluation service works with us to provide a need-based analysis that includes a recommendation of what a family should be able to contribute toward tuition. Submit your application by December 1. You will be required to submit a copy of your most recent W2 forms and federal tax return (including all schedules, federal form 4506, and supplemental questions included in the FAST application) by December 15 each year.
3. The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program, allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online email and a 24/7 helpline are provided. The charge for the application is $45 and is paid by credit card at the end of the session.
4. Mail your tax return for federal taxes with all schedules and W-2s to: FAST Processing, ISM, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806-2594. Please include the School’s name on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
5. Complete form 4506 Request for Transcript of Tax Return – Click Here
for the form. Please note, you will only need to fill out questions 1–4 and sign the form. Please do not remit any fees.
6. The online submission deadline for returning student applications is December 1, and the deadline for new students is January 15. Your tax return and form 4506 must follow the submission and be postmarked by December 15 (January 15 for new students).
7. The goal is to have an award determination made by the time re-enrollment contracts are issued in February.
8. Our Flexible Tuition Committee will review FAST’s recommendation and then calculate your tuition rate and provide it to you, along with your admission decision letter, in February.