Middle School Scholarship Awards are offered to new applicants to Middle School, grades 6-8. These awards are granted to applicants based on academic achievement, strength of character, and the potential to make a significant positive impact on the Old Trail School community.
Students who are eligible for Middle School Scholarship Awards will demonstrate:
- High academic achievement
- Strong performance on standardized tests
- Strong character
- Outstanding citizenship
- Involvement in meaningful activities outside the classroom
All are awarded for the duration of a student's enrollment at Old Trail School. The amount of an award ranges from $1,000 - $9,000 per year. A student must remain in good standing in the School community academically and behaviorally as outlined in the Middle School Handbook in order to retain their award each year.
The number and amount of awards varies annually depending on the composition of the applicant pool, available space within a grade and available resources.
Recipients of the awards are welcome to apply for additional need-based Flexible Tuition as the Trustee Scholar Award is independent of the need-based Flexible Tuition process.
Scholarship Application Process:
- Complete Middle School Admission Application and answer additional question specific for Middle School Scholarship Award applicants
- Complete Admission Assessment focused on Math, Reading, Writing and Vocabulary
- Participate in On-Campus Interview and Student Visit Day
- Provide complete school transcripts
- Provide two Teacher Evaluation forms
- Provide a letter of character recommendation letter from a source outside of the classroom (church, sports team, principal, etc.)